News! CAM-PAC discovered new personalised strategies for precise diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic cancer
Pancreatic cancer has the worst prognosis among all solid cancers. The EU funded project CAM-PaC is developing new potential strategies for precise diagnosis and treatment of this tumor.
The research group found that very aggressive so called “cancer stem cells” depend on a very distinct form of energy metabolism. In addition, they discovered that the cellular protein TTK supports the rapid proliferation of tumor cells.
CAM-PaC has now launched clinical trials to test targeted medical treatments inhibiting the discovered mechanisms (see also https://ec.europa.eu/research/health/index.cfm)
The partners presented CAM-PaC more than 185 times on national and international (Europe and worldwide incl. USA and Canada) conferences, symposiums, workshops etc. in the last 48 months.
CAM-PaC was disseminated mostly by oral presentations followed by poster presentations.
In the following an extract on scientific events attended is presented:
- United European Gastroenterology Week 2017 Barcelona, 28 Oct. – 1 Nov. 2017
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gastroenterologie, Verdauungs- und Stoffwechselkrankheiten 2017 Dresden, 13.-16. Sept. 2017
- Innovations in Cancer Treatment and Care Conference Sydney, 14 Sept. 2017
- Pancreas Spring Meeting Goettingen, 11-12 May 2017
- Deutscher Pankreasclub 2017 Greifswald, 26-28 Jan. 2017
- Stand Up To Cancer Annual Summit 2017 Santa Monica, 21-25 Jan. 2017
- 2016 PancWest Symposium UC San Diego, 24 Sept. 2016,
- ISREC-SCCL Symposium 2016 Lausanne, 7-10 Sept. 2016,
- European Pancreatic Club 2016 Liverpool, 6-9 July 2016,
- International Symposium on Pancreatic Cancer 2016, Glasgow, 9-12 June 2016,
- AACR Special Conference on Pancreatic Cancer 2016 Florida, 12-15 May 2016,
- 32nd German Cancer Congress 2016 Berlin, 24-27 Febr. 2016,
- Deutscher Pankreasclub München, 18-20 Febr. 2016, etc.
- United European Gastroenterology Week Barcelona, 24-28 Oct. 2015,
- Kongress Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gastroenterologie Verdauungs- und Stoffwechselkrankheiten Leipzig, 16-19 Sept. 2015,
- European Conference on Data Analysis 2015, 2-4 Sept. 2015,
- International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS) Conferences, 6-8 July 2015,
- Deutschen Pankreasclub Rostock-Warnemünde, 22-24 Jan. 2015, etc.
- 8th STAR Meeting- Integrated and translational treatment in gastrointestinal cancer, 3 Dec. 2014,
- Convegno NGS SIGU, 30-31 Oct. 2014,
- ANNPR 2014, 6-8 Oct. 2014,
- Congresso Nazionale Gruppo Oncologico Italia, 15 Sept. 2014,
- ECDA 2014, 2-4 July 2014,
- European Pancreatic Club,25-27 June 2014,
- AACR special conference on pancreatic cancer, 5-9 Apr. 2014,
- Keystone conference - Stem Cells and Cancer, 2-7 Febr. 2014, etc.